HBO is making some of its original series, documentaries and movies from Warner Bros. available to stream for free as part of an effort to encourage viewers to remain at home to help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
The AT&T-owned network is labeling its effort #StayHomeBoxOffice.
HBO said this is the first time this volume of programming has been made available outside of the paywall on HBO Now and HBO Go.
The network has also been making some of its content available in free previews via several distributors, including DirecTV and Verizon.
Nine classic HBO series available for free for a limited time beginning Friday, April 3 via HBO Now and HBO Go, including The Sopranos, Veep and The Wire.
Films that will be streaming free include The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part, Crazy, Stupid, Love and Pokemon Detective Pikachu.
Free documentaries include McMillion$ and The Case Against Adnan Syed.
Here’s a list of HBO content available to stream without a subscription:
9 Full Series
- Ballers (5 Seasons)
- Barry (2 Seasons)
- Silicon Valley (6 Seasons)
- Six Feet Under (5 Seasons)
- The Sopranos (7 Seasons)
- Succession (2 Seasons)
- True Blood (7 Seasons)
- Veep (7 Seasons)
- The Wire (5 Seasons)
10 Docuseries and Documentaries
- The Apollo
- The Case Against Adnan Syed
- Elvis Presley: The Searcher
- I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth v. Michelle Carter
- The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley
- Jane Fonda in Five Acts
- True Justice: Bryan Stevenson’s Fight for Equality
- United Skates
- We Are the Dream: The Kids of the MLK Oakland Oratorical Fest
20 Warner Bros. Theatricals
- Arthur 2: On the Rocks
- Blinded By the Light
- The Bridges of Madison County
- Crazy, Stupid, Love
- Empire of the Sun
- Forget Paris
- Happy Feet Two
- Isn't It Romantic?
- The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
- Midnight Special
- My Dog Skip
- Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase
- Pokémon Detective Pikachu
- Red Riding Hood
- Sucker Punch
The smarter way to stay on top of broadcasting and cable industry. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Broadcasting & Cable. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.