Top 100 Shows: Sunday, November 22 2015
The Walking Dead defeated Sunday Night Football in the Adults 18-49 category for the first time in weeks. An overrun from a late-afternoon NFL game gave a boost to Fox's primetime ratings, ironically two days after the network announced it would no longer release Live + SD ratings for its entertainment programming. Here's who else thrived and declined this past Sunday:
- With a 6.65 P 18-49 Live+SD rating, The Walking Dead won Sunday in the demo. The episode improved by a tenth from last week in the demo, and was +300,000 from last week in Total Viewers (13.2 mil vs. 12.9 mil).Its new lead-out, Into the Badlands, averaged a 2.3 in P 18-49 and over 4.8 million viewers. Last week's series premiere averaged a 3.15 in the demo and 6.4 million viewers. It will be interesting to see how much of a boost this series earns from time-delayed data (likely a significant one).
- Sunday Night Football struggled, as the Bengals and Cardinals failed to match the numbers put up by the Cardinals and Seahawks on 11/15.SNF on 11/22 averaged a 6.35 in P 18-49 and 18 million viewers. The 11/15 telecast averaged a 7.0 in P 18-49 and 19.4 million viewers.
- ABC presented the American Music Awards in primetime. The telecast averaged a 3.5 in P 18-49 and 11 million viewers.The 11 million total viewers is the lowest total since the 2006 AMAs, which averaged slightly over 10.8 million.
- Fox's Sunday night comedy block earned a boost from an NFL overrun and the network's postgame show The OT.The Simpsons (2.3) was the top-rated broadcast entertainment series of the night.Brooklyn Nine Nine (1.7) improved four-tenths from last week in the demo.Family Guy (1.6) improved two-tenths from last week, and Last Man on Earth (1.3) was up a tenth.
- CBS primetime slate struggled without a big NFL overrun, especially The Good Wife (0.9) which failed to average a 1 in the 18-49 demo for the first time all season.
- Univision's La Banda was even with last week in key measurements.
- Bravo's The Real Housewives of Atlanta (1.2) lost two-tenths from last week in the demo, an E!'s Keeping Up with the Kardashians (0.8) lost a half of a ratings point from last Sunday's high-rated season premiere.
- Disney Channel aired the premiere of its original movie Lion Guard: Return of the Roar on Sunday, and itwas one of the top-rated cable programs of the night.
Sorted by Adults 18-49, Final Live + Same Day Data
The television industry's top news stories, analysis and blogs of the day.
Thank you for signing up to Next TV. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.