The Radio Television Digital News Association has named NBC O&O KXAS Dallas-Fort Worth and WWBT, Raycom’s NBC affiliate in Richmond, Va., recipients of the 2017 national Murrow Awards for overall excellence by large and small market TV stations.
In large market television, KXAS was the top winner with four awards for breaking news, excellence in sound, investigative reporting and overall excellence. KCCI, Hearst’s CBS affiliate in Des Moines, Iowa, won three awards in small market television for continuing coverage, writing and hard news.
Other overall excellence winners are:
- CBS News, network television
- CBS Radio News, network radio
- The New York Times, large digital news organization
- The Texas Tribune, Austin, Texas, small digital news organization
- WTOP FM, Washington, large market radio
- New Hampshire Public Radio, Concord, N.H., small market radio
You can read the entire list of winners here.
The smarter way to stay on top of broadcasting and cable industry. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Broadcasting & Cable. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.