Spanish-language network Univision has created its own PSA featuring chief medical correspondent Dr. Juan Rivera on keeping safe in the time of coronavirus.
It has also distributed NAB-produced TV and radio PSAs that are also currently airing.
Other steps the network and its stations are taking to combat the pandemic include:
- Airing a network-wide special, Diario del Coronavirus at 3 p.m. daily all this week, preempting local programming.
- Providing hourly vignettes on the virus.
- Creating a web page for relevant information and resources.
- Sending out a daily coronavirus-specific e-newsletter
- Launching a "todo sobre el coronavirus" ("everything you need to know about the coronavirus") VOD category on its Univision Now and Univision apps.
Contributing editor John Eggerton has been an editor and/or writer on media regulation, legislation and policy for over four decades, including covering the FCC, FTC, Congress, the major media trade associations, and the federal courts. In addition to Multichannel News and Broadcasting + Cable, his work has appeared in Radio World, TV Technology, TV Fax, This Week in Consumer Electronics, Variety and the Encyclopedia Britannica.
The smarter way to stay on top of broadcasting and cable industry. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Broadcasting & Cable. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.