ABC's Good Morning America has hit another milestone,
winning the May sweep for the first time in 18 years in total viewers and the
first victory in the adults 25-54 demo in 19 years.
GMA averaged 5.704 million total viewers and 2.102
million adults 25-54 during the sweep period, according to Nielsen. NBC's Today
drew 4.783 million total viewers and 1.992 million demo viewers, giving GMA
a margin of victory of 921,000 and 110,000 viewers, respectively. CBS This
Morning averaged a third-place 3.004 million total viewers and 1.058 million
Compared to the year-agoMay sweep, when Ann Curry was still in the anchor chair for Today, GMA
improved 10% in total viewers and 2% in adults 25-54 while Today
declined 8% in total viewers and 11% in the demo. CTM improved the most, up 19% in viewers and 13% amongs adults 25-54.
now won the last three sweeps periods --May, February and November in the key
The smarter way to stay on top of broadcasting and cable industry. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Broadcasting & Cable. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.