Harmonic Will Introduce the Electra(TM) X Family of Advanced Media Processors, the World's First Encoder Platform to Support Live, Full-Frame, Frame-Pipeline Ultra HD Encoding, as Well as Graphics, Branding and Playout Support for Broadcast and OTT Delivery
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- March 25, 2015 -- At the 2015 NAB Show, booth SU1210, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT), the worldwide leader in video delivery infrastructure, will showcase the latest innovations in video production and delivery workflows for broadcast and multiscreen services. Harmonic's end-to-end video infrastructure solutions enable broadcasters and service providers to produce, deliver, and monetize amazing video experiences, with increased business agility and operational efficiency, by consistently providing market-leading innovation, high-quality service and low total-cost-of-ownership (TCO).
"Today's consumers demand high-quality customized sports, entertainment and news video on any device, anywhere, anytime," said Peter Alexander, chief marketing officer at Harmonic. "At NAB, Harmonic will demonstrate how broadcasters and service providers can create, deliver and monetize this consumer experience with unprecedented agility and cost efficiency leveraging our video processing, virtualized video infrastructure and channel playout solutions."
Key highlights include:
- Harmonic's new Electra(TM) X family of advanced media processors, the world's first encoder platform to support live, full-frame, frame-pipeline (full-GOP) Ultra HD (UHD) encoding and the industry's first fully converged platform to support video compression, graphics, branding and playout for broadcast and OTT delivery. On display will be a live UHD encoding workflow featuring the Electra X3 advanced media processor. Powered by the Harmonic PURE Compression Engine(TM) encoding module, the Electra X3 enables broadcasters to deliver real-time, broadcast-ready UHD content up to 2160p60 (HEVC Main 10 profile). As the industry's first full-frame UHD encoder in a single 2-RU appliance, Electra X3 integrates easily into existing workflows and offers low power consumption, bringing additional TCO benefits to operators.
- The Harmonic VOS(TM) platform, a fully virtualized video infrastructure that includes Electra XVM, the industry's first software-based, fully converged, broadcast-ready media processing platform. VOS is a software-based, virtualizable platform that unifies the entire media processing chain for broadcast and multiscreen distribution -- including ingest, compression, graphics and branding, packaging and delivery on common hardware platforms. The VOS architecture enables broadcasters to simplify workflows, maximize flexibility and gain operational efficiency while decreasing their TCO.
- An end-to-end HEVC-based video transmission solution featuring Harmonic's new ProView(TM) 7100 integrated receiver-decoder (IRD), which supports the HEVC standard up to 1080p60 resolution, maximizing bandwidth efficiency while maintaining pristine video quality for broadcast service delivery.
- Harmonic Polaris(TM) software, a new suite of playout management tools integrated with Harmonic's market-leading Spectrum(TM) media server family. The demo will showcase the wide range of capabilities that Polaris supports, from fully automated integrated channel playout (ICP) to channel-in-a-box automation (CIAB) and integrated master control room (iMCR) workflows.
- Density improvements for Harmonic's MediaGrid shared storage system. The new high-density storage system provides 15-RU worth of conventional MediaGrid storage into just 5-RU and supports up to 360TB of usable storage per chassis. The result is a 30-percent improvement in rack density and greater than 30-percent cost savings per TB.
Further information about Harmonic and the company's products is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
# # #
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is the worldwide leader in video delivery infrastructure for emerging television and video services. Harmonic enables customers to produce, deliver, and monetize amazing video experiences, with unequalled business agility and operational efficiency, by providing market-leading innovation, high-quality service, and compelling total-cost-of-ownership. More information is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements related to the anticipated capabilities and benefits of Harmonic's Electra(TM) X product family, Harmonic's MediaGrid, Polaris(TM) playout management tool, ProView(TM) 7100 integrated receiver-decoder, PURE Compression Engine(TM) encoding module, Spectrum(TM) media server, and VOS(TM) platform. Our expectations and beliefs regarding these matters may not materialize and are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the possibility that the products may not meet some or all of their anticipated capabilities or provide some or all of their anticipated benefits, such as amazing video experiences, operational efficiency, unprecedented agility, high quality services, simplified workflow, cost efficiency, and ease of integration into workflows.
The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are also subject to other risks and uncertainties, such as those more fully described in Harmonic's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended Dec.31, 2014, its Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and its Current Reports on Form 8-K. The forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Harmonic as of the date hereof, and Harmonic disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements.
EDITOR'S NOTE - Product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
The smarter way to stay on top of broadcasting and cable industry. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Broadcasting & Cable. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.