Fremont, CA - December 20, 2019 - Blackmagic Design today announced that live production workflows, featuring its products for acquisition, control and delivery, have been used on some of this year's biggest music festivals and concert tours.
Artists and events included Little Mix, Billie Eilish, Elton John, Fall Out Boy and Andrea Bocelli, as well as Festival Beauregard, Rocking the Daisies, Aftershock Festival and Sweden Rock.
As broadcast and AV workflows continue to converge, more and more rental and staging companies are now standardizing their video offerings to festivals and touring artists based on hardware solutions from Blackmagic Design. Not only has the amount of video demanded by the entertainment market increased in 2019, so too has the amount of 4K production for IMAG.
That is placing higher demands for more adaptable and easier to tour video solutions, according to Lucy Ockenden of This World Productions. "As a business, we need our hardware systems to talk openly at all stages in the production chain, and that is the beauty of Blackmagic Design. Regardless of where or how we deploy the hardware in our setups, it can always be trusted to fit in and work."
The balance of reliability, powerful performance and price point of a Blackmagic Design solution continues to resonate with leading rental and staging companies.
Tom Levitt, director at The LED Shed, explains: "You're always hit with challenges whilst out on tour, particularly with venue quirks and staging characteristics, and being able to trust that your equipment isn't one of those headaches is invaluable."
Blackmagic Design makes sense for several reasons according to Jonathan Bandli of Bad Weather. “One being the clear price advantage over other products in its category, and the second being the local support the company provides. It has made some massive leaps in the past few years, which have put all previous hesitations we might have had to bed. We are entirely confident with our investment choice and look forward to a bright and long future with this incredible and flexible system."
Amongst many others, some of the rental and staging companies employing AV solutions designed around Blackmagic Design include:
- Vis a Vis Video: Josh Groban Bridges Tour, Billie Eilish When We All Fall Asleep Tour
- High End TV: Twenty Øne Pilots The Bandito Tour
- Jack Edinger and Upstaging, Inc.: Bob Seger Roll Me Away Tour
- The LED Shed: Westlife’s The Twenty Tour, Olly Murs’ All The Hits Tour, Little Mix LM5 Tour, The Nightmare Before Christmas In Concert
- John Steer and Chris Sobchack: Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour
- Strani Rumori Studio and BRG: Andrea Bocelli’s World Tour
- So Midwest, Inc.: Train & Goo Goo Dolls Summer Tour, Fall Out Boy Tour, Chevelle 2019 Tour
- Jonathan Healey and Filament Productions: Dead & Company Summer Tour and Fall Fun Run
- This World Productions: Illenium’s Ascend Tour
- The veteran team with Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band’s Son of a Son of a Sailor Tour
- Middle Motion: Harout Pamkboudjian France Tour
- Transition Video: Nile Rodgers & CHIC UK Tour
Festivals and Shows
- NEP: Defqon.1, Dreampop, Dreamfields
- Colour Sound Experiment: Mighty Hoopla Festival, Lollapalooza Festival, Walk Off the Earth at the SSE Arena
- Upstage Video: WE Fest
- MixOne Sound: Hometown Rising, Bourbon & Beyond, Louder than Life, Aftershock Festival, Welcome to Rockville, Sonic Temple, Epicenter
- Liz Hobbs Group: Craig David, Tom Jones, Jess Glynne, Tears for Fears, Newark Festival, Bingley Weekender
- oXyFire Media: Manchester International Festival, Invictus UK Trials Opening Concert
- Jackinabox: Kendal Calling, Blue Dot, Bloodstock, Jayne McDonald’s Christmas Show
- F&G Productions: Festival Beauregard
- Gecko Communication: Zermatt Unplugged
- Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music
- Weber Video: Sting and Supertramp at Foire Aux Vins D’Alsace
- Cloud Productions: Sweden Rock Festival
- Crosscast: Hahnenkamm Festival
- Really Creative Media: Eurythmics Songbook with Dave Stewart at Royal Festival Hall
- Bad Weather: Rocking the Daisies Festival
- Dayglo Presents: Vulfpeck at Madison Square Garden, Easy Rider Live at Radio City Music Hall
- Relix: Brooklyn Bowl Family Reunion SXSW at Scoot Inn
- Event AG: Hecht at Zurich Hallestadion
Product photos of Blackmagic URSA Broadcast, Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro G2, ATEM Live Production Switchers, and all other Blackmagic Design products, are available at www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/images.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com.
The television industry's top news stories, analysis and blogs of the day.
Thank you for signing up to Broadcasting & Cable. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.