The Sony PlayStation 4 will offer 11 "Digital Entertainment Apps" when its new $399 gaming console goes on sale November 15 with a mix of old standbys and perhaps a few surprises.
Here's a list of apps that made the cut, with the promise of "more coming soon," according to this blog post from Phil Rosenberg, senior vice president, business development:
· Amazon Instant Video
· Crackle (the Sony pictures Television-owned OTT service)
· Crunchyroll (Anime)
· Epix (Authenticated TV Everywhere service with more than 3,000 VOD titles)
· Hulu Plus
· NBA Game Time (Live out-of-market NBA games with NBA League Pass Broadband for authenticated subs)
· NHL Gamecenter (Out-of-market games in HD, with NHL GameCenter Live subscription)
· Redbox Instant by Verizon
· YuppTV (More than 150 Indian live TV channel, plus VOD)
That batch will be available on the TV & Video section of the PS4's home screen or in the PlayStation Store, Rosenberg noted.
The smarter way to stay on top of broadcasting and cable industry. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Broadcasting & Cable. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.