Starz Entertainment Group LLC went film shopping and found six.
“We are very pleased to have acquired these six star-studded, exclusive films -- three that are world premieres and three that have never been seen before on television,” Starz senior vice president of program acquisitions, planning and scheduling Stephan Shelanski said in a prepared statement.
“These films represent the diversity that is displayed throughout our many different channels,” he added.
The six films are:
• Le Pacte du Silence, premiering on Mystery Dec. 9 at 11:45 p.m., in which Gerard Depardieu stars as a French doctor/priest who becomes smitten by identical twins (played by Elodie Bouchez) whose physical states directly impact the other.
• High Roller: The Stu Unger Story, debuting on Starz! Jan. 30 at 9 p.m., tells the 1980 true story of Stu Unger (Michael Imperioli), who stunned Las Vegas when he became the youngest player ever to win the World Series of Poker, then repeated the feat the following year.
• The I Inside, bowing on Mystery in February, in which, after a near-death experience, a man (Ryan Phillippe) with amnesia wakes up in his hospital bed and discovers that his memory has been replaced by the ability to travel through time.
• Soccer Dog: European Cup, debuting on Starz! Family in February, tells the story of a soccer-playing dog who turns a bunch of misfits into a formidable soccer team.
• Tiptoes, premiering on Starz! in March, in which, shortly after getting pregnant, a young woman (Kate Beckinsale) discovers that her fiancé’s (Matthew McConaughey) entire family is afflicted with dwarfism.
• Den of Lions, bowing on Action in July, is the story of a Hungarian-born FBI agent (Stephen Dorff) who goes undercover in Budapest to help the bureau and the Hungarian government infiltrate the operations of a powerful Russian mafia kingpin (Bob Hoskins).
Weekly digest of streaming and OTT industry news
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.