Adult Swim announced several new series for 2006 in conjunction with its upfront presentation in New York Thursday afternoon.
The Cartoon Network late-night spinoff service said it was the top-rated basic-cable network among men 18-24 and 18-34 during the first quarter of 2006.
New Adult Swim series include:
• Animated comedy Death Clock Metalocalypse, in which “the world’s most popular heavy metal band leaves a trail of mayhem and destruction wherever they go”;
• Frisky Dingo, featuring the efforts of supervillain Killface to destroy the world and of his nemesis, Awesome-X, to prevent that from happening;
• Assy McGee, about a “toothpick-chomping cop sniper who looks like a giant ass”;
• Saul of the Mole Men, in which during a scientific expedition to the Earth’s core, a terra-naut stumbles upon a strange civilization of “Mole Men” and nearly destroys it; and
• Satan’s daughter is living in San Francisco and dating a new guy who might just be the Second Coming in Lucy,TheDaughter of the Devil.
Adult Swim also detailed two pilots under development”
• Korgoth of Barbaria, an animated fantasy-action-adventure-comedy from Aaron Springer, with a half-hour pilot episode set to air in September; and
• That Crook’d ‘Sip, about a dysfunctional family in the “Dirty South” that has grown up around their crumbling estate.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.