Turner Broadcasting System Inc. Friday announced its preliminary lineup of original programming for its GameTap broadband-entertainment network.
GameTap -- set to premiere this fall -- will allow subscribers to access everything from early arcades to console games and PC titles using broadband-connected PCs.
“We know from our success with Adult Swim that consumers respond well to humorous short-form video content, and we’re building on that premise with GameTap," GameTap vice president of content Rick Sanchez said in a prepared statement.
“To reach GameTap’s broad audience, spanning novice to expert gamers, we’ve created a lineup that features something for everyone, from ‘how-tos’ with a twist to insider looks at how celebrities play games,” he added.
The service’s programming lineup will include:
• Tapped In, hosted by actress Kathy Keats, which will explore the stories behind games, as well as the “lost treasures and hidden gems of the GameTap catalog.”
• Fame & Game (working title), which will enter celebrities’ mansions, movie-set trailers, tour buses and recording studios to see where they are playing video games and what they’re playing.
• Challenged, a reality show during which friends settle grudges with video games.
• The Class of…?, “a pop-culture clip show that revisits the trends, stars, hits, events and games of a year gone by, challenging viewers to guess when it all happened.”
• Hyper 5, hosted by actress Melissa Ponzio, will bring viewers lists such as “5 Truly Bad Bosses,” “5 really painful BBQs” and “5 Wicked-Deadly Ninja Weapons.”
• GameTap Survival Guide, in which an experienced gamer teaches a novice how to stay alive and get better scores.
• SpaceGhostCoastto Coast, in which Space Ghost will interview the who’s who of the video-game world.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.