VH1 will produce five more VH1 Rock Docs documentaries.
The network said each installment “will reveal an untold story in the history of rock and hip-hop music, combining never-before-seen footage with a unique and unconventional narrative approach.”
The upcoming VH1 Rock Docs will be:
• The Return of Courtney Love, a look at Kurt Cobain’s widow “as she records her new album, hustles to get work as an actress and rebuilds relationships with her friends” after 18 months of rehab;
• 1977 (tentative title), a two-part, two-hour documentary that “tells the story of one astonishing year in New York City.”
• A.K.A. Tommy Chong, the story of Chong’s 2003 arrest in a raid on his family business. Best-known as part of the Cheech & Chong duo, Chong was charged with selling bongs over the Internet and sentenced to nine months in federal prison.
• Air Guitar Nation, a look at the first official U.S. Air Guitar Championships; and
• Sex: The Revolution! (tentative title), a four-part, four-hour series about the sexual revolution of the 1960s and 1970s.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.