VH1 Classic announced a primetime slate of new series, specials and movies Wednesday.
Among upcoming highlights from the MTV Networks-owned service:
• The U.K. Music Hall of Fame 2006 Induction Ceremony, set to air Thursday, Nov. 23 at 8 p.m. (EST), will include live performances from and special tributes to artists such as Brian Wilson, Led Zeppelin, Rod Stewart, Joss Stone, Patti LaBelle and Wolfmother.
• Each installment of Classic Albums, which debuts Oct. 2, “tells the story behind the making of one of rock music's most seminal albums.” The series will kick off with a look at Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.
• Five-hour music-video-based special Old School Hip Hop, set to air Oct. 9-13 at 9 p.m., will examine that music genre.
• BBCCrown Jewels, debuting Monday, Oct. 16 at 10 p.m., will feature rare performances from the British Broadcasting Corp. archives never before seen in the United States, including footage of AC/DC with original lead singer Bon Scott, Rod Stewart, The Police, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Tom Petty. Glenn Tilbrook of Squeeze will host the series.
• Class of ... will debut Monday, Oct. 23, with a look at classic artists who "graduated" into our memories in 1977, with episodes covering 1981, 1984, 1988 and 1992 to follow.
• VH1 Classic Rock Docs will premiere Monday, Nov. 13, featuringVH1-produced documentaries such as Heavy: The Story of Metal, U.S. vs. John Lennon and My Generation: Who's Still Who, as well as acquired fare including Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, No Direction Home, Woodstock, Last Waltz, Imagine: John Lennon, U2: Rattle and Hum, Jimi Hendrix, Janis and Year of the Horse.
• VH1 pop-culture series Pop Up Video will resurface on VH1 Classic Nov. 27. Pop Up Video adds information on artists and the making of their most popular music videos through graphic bubbles that pop onto the screen.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.