Time Warner Cable has taken the wraps off TWC Central, an online portal for customers that links customers to news, social networks and the MSO’s products and services, and replaces the former Road Runner Web site.
“Our former Road Runner portal was a very popular online destination among Time Warner Cable’s Internet customers. TWC Central enhances our offering and broadens its focus to become a valuable resource for all customers,” said Steven Cook, TWC’s senior VP and GM of high-speed data, in a statement. “The new portal offers more content, utilities and features that allow our customers to connect with news, information, and each other.”
TWC will also use the new portal to attract advertisers with fresh options, including new webmail and banner ad positions, such as 300 x 600 banners. TWC estimates that its customer portal gets 5.7 million visitors per month.
Key features of the new portal include:
- News, Entertainment and Sports – Access to news and entertainment headlines, along with original content from TWC Central.
- Products and Services – One-click access to TWC Mail (email), TWC.com, Time Warner Cable Business Class, Time Warner Cable Media, MyServices, Search, Help, apps, How-to Videos, DVR manager and VoiceZone for Home Phone. Customers can access live TV with TWCTV.com outside of the home to watch more than 1,100 hours of On Demand TV shows and movies from 26 top-rated networks, and up to 11 live TV news, sports and entertainment channels.
- Interactive TV listings – Local TV listings, show details, cast information, and the option for customers to create a “personalized TV schedule.”
- Social Networking – The option to personalize the TWC Central experience and login with social media credentials to comment, share, rate, review and chat with other users.
- Time Warner Cable News – A spot to learn about new channels, features, sweepstakes, and other information related to Time Warner Cable.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.