After bowing as a special and building to a block, Sportsman Channel is expanding its "Aporkalypse" stunt to a full week.
Viewers of "Aporkalypse 2014" can spend the entire week with Brian ‘Pigman” Quaca as he delves deeper into feral hog eradication and education. The stunt begins on Monday, Aug. 4 at 7 p.m. (ET) with Heli-Hunter presented by Fusion and continues with new programs throughout the week. Heli-Hunter episodes show the team educating audiences about the damage created by feral hogs and demonstrating how their eradication can curb accidents and cheat death, while saving billions of dollars and lives.
On Friday, August 8 at 7 p.m., Sportsman subs can see the tag-team of the “Motor City Madman” Ted Nugent and Quaca in action on a one-hour special as they attempt to overcome a massive infestation of destructive swine.
The week builds to the premiere ofPigman: The Series on Sunday, August 10 at 8 p.m., as the aerial assault on the Texas feral hog population continues with a twist as Quaca leaves his helicopter in the hangar for an unconventional form of air transportation.
"We are proud to give our viewers the 2014 version of the hit stunt Aporkalypse – the bacon will be flying this year,” said Marc Fein, executive vice president of programming and production for Sportsman Channel. “Brian does a great job of educating the viewer about the serious feral hog epidemic in Texas while doing his part to help eradicate the overpopulation of hogs. The way he goes about it this year is extremely unique and some would say just plain nuts – you can’t miss it!”
Aporkalypse 2014 Lineup:
- Heli-Hunterpresented by Fusion – Monday, August 4 (7-8 p.m. ET): The local police department contacts the men at Heli-Hunter to assist in the extermination of feral hogs from an area where the swine caused several accidents on the roadway.
- Heli-Hunter presented by Fusion –Tuesday, August 5 (7-8 p.m. ET): Every year, the men from Heli-Hunter donate a hunt to a local benefit auction. Tune in to see how the highest bidder has the experience of his life and discovers many surprises in the process.
- Heli-Hunter presented by Fusion –Wednesday, August 6 (7-8 p.m. ET): Craig and Terrell leave their helicopter behind and pursue nocturnal swine with thermal equipment on the one-hour episode of Heli-Hunter. The twists and turns will leave viewers shaking their heads.
- Heli-Hunter presented by Fusion/Pigman: The Series –Thursday, August 7 (7-8 p.m. ET): The Heli-Hunter crew pack their bags and leave their homes for South Texas to assist a rancher who has an abundance of hogs doing extreme damage. At 7:30 p.m. ET, “Pigman” and Ted Nugent attempt to “cleanse our good mother Earth” of feral hogs in true rock-and-roll fashion.
- Pigman: The Series–Friday, August 8 (7-8 p.m. ET): Experience the dynamic duo of “Pigman” and Ted Nugent in the helicopter during a massive undertaking of pork eradication. “Pigman” also attempts a first-ever aerial hog harvest with a compound bow.
- Scentblocker’s The Chase/Whitetail FixPresented by Bear Archery –Saturday, August 9 (7-8 p.m. ET): The teams from both programs take viewers on adventurous spot-and-stalk hunts for wild hogs in the Carolinas and Alabama.
- Pigman: The Series/Heli-Hunter/Petersen’s Hunting Adventure/American Rebel/Pure Hunting/Travelin’ Hunter–Sunday, August 10 (8-11 p.m. ET/PT): The week culminates with all-new episodes and the premiere of “Pigman: The Series”(8 p.m. ET/PT). The show is dubbed “Aparalypse” and once again promises to deliver innovative and unconventional ways to eradicate feral hogs from the air. Viewers may do a double-take after watching how “Pigman” takes to the skies.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.