MTV Networks will present “Spankin’ New Music Week: Now & Next” across all of its platforms from Monday, Nov. 7-Friday, Nov. 11.
Among the highlights:
• Artists including 50 Cent, Green Day, Pharrell, Lindsay Lohan, Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Jay-Z, Hilary Duff, Kanye West, Simple Plan, Jennifer Aniston, Click 5, Olivia, Robin Thicke, Yellowcard, Nicole Richie, Good Charlotte, Avenged Sevenfold and Daniel Radcliffe will appear on MTV: Music Television’s Total Request Live, which airs weekdays at 5 p.m. (EST/PST).
• Direct Effect, MTV’s hour-long hip-hop-countdown show, airing weekdays at 7 p.m., will feature video premieres, and special appearances by artists including Pharrell, Juelz Santana, Chris Brown, Daddy Yankee, Mary J. Blige, Lil Wayne and Ne-Yo.
• MTV will air two Kanye West specials: The Life & Rhymes of…Kanye West Nov. 5 at 2 p.m. and Making the Video: Kanye West Nov. 7 at 6 p.m.
• The network will also air Green Day: Bullet in a Bible DVD SpecialNov. 8 at 6 p.m.
• The 2005 MTV European Music Awards from Lisbon, Portugal -- including performances by Coldplay, Green Day, Madonna, Shakira, Foo Fighters and System of a Down -- will air Nov. 11 at 9 p.m.
• 50 Cent will perform some of his greatest hits, along with songs from his latest album, while telling stories and explaining the inspiration behind each song onThe Life & Rhymes of … 50 Cent, airing Nov. 12 at 2 p.m.
• MTV’s 10 Spot Drop, airing weekdays at 10 p.m., will feature videos from Little Brother, Juelz Santana, The Academy Is ..., James Blunt, Fiona Apple, Chris Brown, Ft. Minor, Ne-Yo, Against Me! and SIA
• 50 Cent will host a special edition of MTV2’s Sucker Free Sunday Nov. 6 at noon. He will also co-host MTV2’s daily T-Minus Hip-Hop countdown, weekdays at noon.
• MTV2 will present the latest edition ofDiscover & Download Live -- in which viewers can watch videos from Motion City Soundtrack, The Academy Is …, M.I.A. and Little Brother, then download their songs from MTV2’s Web site (www.mtv2.com) -- Nov. 7 at 9 p.m.
• MTV2 will also air three new installments of its Makes the Video: Yellowcard: Makes the Video Nov. 7 at 10 a.m.; Korn: Makes the Video Nov. 7 at 9:30 p.m.; and Damien Marley: Makes the Video Nov. 13 at 5:30 p.m.
• MTV2 will present several further specials during the week.
• Green Day will make several appearances on mtvU during the week.
• MTV.com (www.mtv.com) will “leak” Green Day’s Bullet in a Bible and Madonna’s Confessions from a Dance Floor beginning Nov. 7.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.