MTV: Music Television announced several shows to help set up its Aug. 29 2004MTV Video Music Awards.
MTV’s pre-VMA highlights:
• Wednesday, Aug. 11, 10:30 p.m.: Cribs VMA Edition will feature VMA nominees and celebrities who have their homes in Miami, home of this year’s awards show, including Usher, Missy Elliot, Lil Jon, Maroon 5, Ja Rule, Nelly, Ludacris, Big Boi from Outkast, Destiny’s Child, Linkin Park, G-Unit and Fatboy Slim.
• Sunday, Aug. 15, noon: Ladies of the VMAs will examine the impact women have had in the awards show’s recent history.
• Monday, Aug. 16, 6 p.m.: Scandalicious will look at style at the VMAs from all angles.
• Monday, Aug. 16, 8 p.m.: Video Music Awards Uncensored will provide one hour of “the craziest, silliest and weirdest behind-the-scenes moments from the history of the VMAs.”
• Monday, Aug. 23-Friday, Aug. 27, 5 p.m.: TRL VMA week, featuring this year’s nominees, co-hosts and guests.
• Sunday, Aug. 29, 6:30 p.m.:2004 VMA Preshow by the Shore, in which MTV News’ Sway Calloway, Kurt Loder, John Norris, SuChin Pak and Gideon Yago catch up with celebrities as they arrive at the VMAs by yacht and limo.
• Sunday, Aug. 29, 11 p.m.: 2004 Video Music Awards Post Show, in which MTV News talks with VMA winners and celebrity guests.
Also, on MTV2:
• Monday, Aug. 16, 6 a.m. and 8 a.m.: VMA Nominees Video Hours, daily music-video blocks featuring the 2004 MTV VMA nominees.
• Monday, Aug. 16, 7 p.m.: Lil’ Jon’s Night Out in Miami, in which Lil’ Jon hosts a half-hour block of music videos from Miami’s hottest clubs.
• Monday, Aug. 16, 7:30 p.m.: MTV2 Award: And the Nominees Are, a half-hour music-video block highlighting this year’s nominees for the MTV2 Awards.
• Saturday, Aug. 21, noon: VMA Best of the Best, featuring “Video of the Year” winners throughout the history of the VMAs.
• Monday, Aug. 23-Saturday, Aug. 28: VMA Winners, one-hour music-video blocks featuring all of the winners in the history of the VMAs.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.