The first-ever Food Network Awards will be held Saturday, Feb. 24, at the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival in Miami.
The Scripps Networks-owned service will air a 90-minute show Sunday, April 15 at 9 p.m. (EST/PST).
Emeril Lagasse, Rachael Ray, Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Paula Deen, Tyler Florence, Sandra Lee, Alton Brown, Dan & Steve, Michael Chiarello, George Duran, Dave Lieberman, Robin Miller, Ingrid Hoffman and Marc Summers are scheduled to appear.
The network said award categories will include (subject to change):
• Favorite Comfort Food Combo (viewers' choice);
• Most Delicious Destination (highlighting a rising locale not to be missed);
• Best Ball Park Eats (viewers' choice);
• Play with Your Food: Artwork with an Edible Twist, recognizing one artist who incorporates food into their work;
• Icy Innovations, awarded to innovators in the world of frozen treats;
• Tasty Technology (new kitchen appliances that will change the way we cook);
• "Professional Grade" Kitchen Appliance You Can't Live Without (viewers' choice);
• "Hot" Chocolate List, recognizing the hottest chocolatier in the country;
• Food Hall of Fame: Tribute to Julia Child;
• Share Our Strength Food Humanitarian Award, a person who makes the world a better place through food;
• Culinary Dreams Can Come True: Culinary Institute of America Scholarship and Food Network Mentorship of a Lifetime;
• Favorite Childhood Classics (viewers' choice), awarded to the favorite children's book about food;
• Not Your Grandmother's Food of the Month Club, given to the most unique food-of-the-month club;
• SUPER Market, presented to the grocery chain that changed the way we shop;
• Best Better Burger, recognizing a burger company with a mindful approach to its product and operation;
• Favorite Coolest Cocktail (viewers' choice), celebrating viewers' favorite classic drink;
• Edible Entrepreneurs, acknowledging individuals with a passion for food and an entrepreneurial spirit; and
• Funniest Food Festival, honoring the wackiest food festival in the country.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.