The first-ever Food Network Awards will be held Saturday, Feb. 24, at the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival in Miami.
The Scripps Networks-owned service will air a 90-minute show Sunday, April 15 at 9 p.m. (EST/PST).
Emeril Lagasse, Rachael Ray, Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Paula Deen, Tyler Florence, Sandra Lee, Alton Brown, Dan & Steve, Michael Chiarello, George Duran, Dave Lieberman, Robin Miller, Ingrid Hoffman and Marc Summers are scheduled to appear.
The network said award categories will include (subject to change):
• Favorite Comfort Food Combo (viewers' choice);
• Most Delicious Destination (highlighting a rising locale not to be missed);
• Best Ball Park Eats (viewers' choice);
• Play with Your Food: Artwork with an Edible Twist, recognizing one artist who incorporates food into their work;
• Icy Innovations, awarded to innovators in the world of frozen treats;
• Tasty Technology (new kitchen appliances that will change the way we cook);
• "Professional Grade" Kitchen Appliance You Can't Live Without (viewers' choice);
• "Hot" Chocolate List, recognizing the hottest chocolatier in the country;
• Food Hall of Fame: Tribute to Julia Child;
• Share Our Strength Food Humanitarian Award, a person who makes the world a better place through food;
• Culinary Dreams Can Come True: Culinary Institute of America Scholarship and Food Network Mentorship of a Lifetime;
• Favorite Childhood Classics (viewers' choice), awarded to the favorite children's book about food;
• Not Your Grandmother's Food of the Month Club, given to the most unique food-of-the-month club;
• SUPER Market, presented to the grocery chain that changed the way we shop;
• Best Better Burger, recognizing a burger company with a mindful approach to its product and operation;
• Favorite Coolest Cocktail (viewers' choice), celebrating viewers' favorite classic drink;
• Edible Entrepreneurs, acknowledging individuals with a passion for food and an entrepreneurial spirit; and
• Funniest Food Festival, honoring the wackiest food festival in the country.
Weekly digest of streaming and OTT industry news
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.