With the presidential election looming in November, Lifetime Television is kicking its “Our Lifetime Commitment: Every Woman Counts” initiative into high gear.
Among its efforts:
• The network and its partners will host the opening day of the Women’s Caucus at the Democratic National Convention in Boston July 26-30,which will be attended by approximately 2,000 female elected officials, key party officials, delegates and leading nonprofit organizations, among others.
• Lifetime and its partners will host a reception saluting prominent women in politics at the Republican National Convention in New York Aug. 30-Sept. 2.
• The network and Rock the Vote and its “Chicks Rock, Chicks Vote” initiative plan to co-host late-night parties featuring top musical talent, including Carole King.
• Lifetime will sponsor a gathering with the Young Women’s Leadership Conference to help develop leadership skills and relationships that will inspire young women to strive for excellence and succeed in their professional lives.
• Along with affiliates Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable, Lifetime will run the “Future Frontrunners Project,” an essay contest in which high-school girls in each convention city will be chosen to participate in a special one-day seminar with national leaders and attend convention sessions. The Boston Globe, Comcast and JAM`N 94.5 will be local partners in Boston.
• Lifetime is teaming up with Latinamagazine on “Proyecto VOTE!,” a nonpartisan, national effort to drive voter registration and political participation among Hispanic women. As part of the campaign, “Latina Nights,” concerts will be held in New York July 14 and in Los Angeles Aug. 29, along with a “Make Me Over Mall Tour” in Dallas Sept. 18. The network is also co-sponsoring a Hispanic Women’s Conference with Latinain Phoenix, Ariz., Oct. 14-15.
Weekly digest of streaming and OTT industry news
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.