Spike TV will air two-hour special True Dads with Bruce Willis Friday, Dec. 17 at 9 p.m. (EST/PST), the network said Thursday.
True Dads “examines the lives of men who've discovered the immeasurable rewards of being a father,” the network said.
Among people who will be featured during the special:
• National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing legacy Kerry Earnhardt will talk candidly about the influence his relationship with father Dale Earnhardt, Sr. had on his own experiences as a father;
• Dr. Jonathan Clark, husband of late astronaut Laurel Clark, who was killed in the 2003 Columbia Space Shuttle tragedy, will discuss the challenge of raising his now nine-year-old son on his own;
• Prof. Jack Daniel and poet Omari Daniel will chronicle their sometimes-stormy relationship and their book about it, We Fish: The Journey to Fatherhood;
• James Madison University football coach Mickey Matthews will discuss how his life changed after a car accident paralyzed his son;
• Joseph T. Jones, a one-time heroin addict and deadbeat dad, will speak about how he turned his life around; and
• First time father, Ben Passmore will talk about his experiences when his child was born.
“Today's men are looking for new role models about how to be a dad. You can't just come home and watch TV anymore,” Spike TV president Albie Hecht said in a prepared statement. “We hope this documentary will help to inspire a new generation of fathers.”
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.