Epix and Los Angeles Times are co-producing a five-part series focusing on Tinseltown's awards season.
Hollywood Sessions features 2014's biggest film stars and potential awards contenders in conversations with the newspaper's writers. The first of the series’ hour-long episodes will debut on Epix on Dec. 8 at 8pm (ET/PT), with encore presentations airing throughout awards season. The series can also be screened on Epix.com, Epix on Demand, the Epix app and on latimes.com/theenvelope.
The series is executive-produced by Embassy Row’s Michael Davies, creator of Bravo’s Watch What Happens: Live with Andy Cohen, AMC’s The Talking Dead, and Oxygen’s The Glee Project.
“As Hollywood’s hometown news source, the industry’s most talented and fascinating personalities have a unique relationship with The Times, and our entertainment events have helped lead the way to more than 250 Oscar nominations. Now, through our longstanding relationship with Epix, we’ve created a really special show that will let our audiences enjoy our access in a compelling new way,” said Francie Berns, LA Times vice president, entertainment advertising. “Imagine you’ve wandered into a room at a fabulous cocktail party and find Jennifer Aniston, Emily Blunt, Jessica Chastain, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Shailene Woodley sitting on the couch swapping stories with an L.A. Times reporter. That’s Hollywood Sessions."
Noted Epix president and CEO Mark Greenberg: Hollywood Sessions represents the next evolution of our relationship with the Los Angeles Times and The Envelope. Consumers’ TV habits continue to change dramatically and through our ‘TV Everywhere,’ multi-platform approach, audiences will be able to experience these exclusive and intimate conversations wherever and whenever they want.”
The series schedule is as follows:
“HOLLYWOOD SESSIONS: LEAD ACTRESSES” (12/8 at 8pm ET/PT)
· Jennifer Aniston (“Cake”)
· Emily Blunt (“Into the Woods”)
· Jessica Chastain (“The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby,” “Interstellar,” “A Most Violent Year”)
· Gugu Mbatha-Raw (“Belle”)
· Shailene Woodley (“The Fault in Our Stars”)
“HOLLYWOOD SESSIONS: SUPPORTING ACTRESSES” (12/15 at 8pm ET/PT)
· Patricia Arquette (“Boyhood”)
· Laura Dern (“Wild”)
· Emma Stone (“Birdman”)
· Tilda Swinton (“Snowpiercer”)
“HOLLYWOOD SESSIONS: SUPPORTING ACTORS” (12/22 at 8pm ET/PT)
· Josh Brolin (“Inherent Vice”)
· Edward Norton (“Birdman”)
· Mark Ruffalo (“Foxcatcher”)
· J.K. Simmons (“Whiplash”)
· Christoph Waltz (“Big Eyes”)
“HOLLYWOOD SESSIONS: LEAD ACTORS” (12/29 at 8pm ET/PT)
· Steve Carell (“Foxcatcher”)
· Benedict Cumberbatch (“The Imitation Game”)
· Robert Downey Jr. (“The Judge”)
· Michael Keaton (“Birdman”)
· Eddie Redmayne (“The Theory of Everything”)
“HOLLYWOOD SESSIONS: DIRECTORS” (1/5 at 8pm ET/PT)
· J.C. Chandor (“A Most Violent Year”)
· Richard Linklater (“Boyhood”)
· James Marsh (“The Theory of Everything”)
· Bennett Miller (“Foxcatcher”)
· Jean-Marc Vallée (“Wild”)
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.