Go to This
Click here to register for the Multiethnic TV Leadership Awards
Nat Geo's campaign for Brain Games aims to stretch the minds of viewers on a variety of levels. NYC-ers can experience an optical illusion of Houdini's face made of 3,000 Rubik's Cubes at the Rubik's Cube store through May 6. Viewers can watch branded commercials featuring 15-second puzzle teases which prompt audiences to stay tuned for a 15-second reveal from the show's host Jason Silva playing out a brain game. On the April 22 premiere, Silva will host an "IamA"-one of Reddit's more popular series-which allows Redditors to ask questions about Brain Games.
Website and Digital content
- Companion experience to the show offers up a new Brain Challenge each week.
- Visitors Earn weekly "Brain Badges" -humorous, assessments personalized to visitor's "Brain Challenge" performance.
- Share on social media or pull a real-life souvenir out of the virtual experience by printing on T-Shirts and Posters.
- Weekly participation in the Brain Challenges builds personalized Brain Profile, revealed at end of season. Users are encouraged to come back each week to take the new challenge, and collect all 12 badges - one per episode -- to complete their unique Brain Profile.
- Each episode accompanied by in-depth, easily shareable content: 30+ mini-interactives and brain games, 24 articles, 30+ video interviews withbrain experts, Apollo Robins and host Jason Silva.
- 100% Hompage Yahoo Takeover on April 22.
- Host Jason Silva is hosting an IamA on Reddit where redditors can engage with Jason one on one.
- Sponsorship and takeover of mental Floss' Brain Games section and trivia content
- Jason is guest blogger for Mental Floss where he will expound on the magic of the brain
Upfronts: BET Looks to Defend Its Territory
With a rash of new competitors aiming at the African-American market, BET is telling advertisers, "You Look Better on BET." The network, which held its Chicago upfront April 11, is launching new initiative B-Real, designed to help marketers better understand and engage African-American women, who are disproportionately the heads of their households and decision-makers on purchasers, said Vick Free, BET chief marketing officer.
FOLLOW B&C ON TWITTERClick here for a list of B&C staff feeds.
View photos from recent industry events such as Bravo and Discovery Communications' upfronts and the premiere of HBO's Vice newsmagazine...
Click here to view more photos.
NAB SHOW 2013
View photos from the NAB Show 2013, during which B&C/Multichannel News held its16th Annual Technology Leadership Awards, from April 8-11 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Click here to view more photos.
Sinclair to Acquire Fisher Stations for $373 Million
Growing group's spending spree continues as it expands footprint to northwestern U.S. More
Retrans Revenue Could Be $5 Billion By 2017
Fees will make up nearly 10% of total station revenue in five years, says BIA/Kelsey
'Extra' Renewed Through 2016-17
Deal takes Warner Bros.' entertainment magazine through its 23rd season More
'Dr. Phil' Reclaims Talk Lead
Easter, Passover, and NCAA basketball preemptions lead to quiet ratings week More
The smarter way to stay on top of broadcasting and cable industry. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Broadcasting & Cable. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.