GENEVA — 17 March 2020 — DVB, an industry consortium that develops open, interoperable technical specifications for the delivery of digital media and broadcast services, today announced that it will offer a series of free webinars based on the programme of DVB World 2020. Originally set for March 8-11 in Valencia, Spain, DVB World 2020 was cancelled due to the COVID-19 situation. The next DVB World conference will take place in Berlin on March 22-24, 2021.
The full list of upcoming webinars is as follows:
• "Multicast ABR Opens the Door to a New DVB Era," on Thursday, March 19
• "Codecs, Standards and UHD Formats – Where is the Industry Headed?" on Monday, March 23 in collaboration with the Ultra HD Forum
• "Encoding and Packaging for DVB-I Services," on Friday, March 27
• "Beam Hopping in DVB-S2X," on Monday, March 30
• "DASH: From On-demand to Large Scale Live for Premium Services," on Tuesday, March 31 in collaboration with the DASH Industry Forum
• "DVB-I Service Lists & Programme Information," on Wednesday, April 1
• "Building a Reference Client for DVB-I," on Monday, April 6
The webinars will take place on the Zoom platform. Registration is now open via the links above or through the DVB website.
# # #
DVB is an industry-led consortium of broadcasters, manufacturers, network operators, software developers, regulators, and others from around the world committed to designing open, interoperable technical specifications for the global delivery of digital media and broadcast services. DVB specifications cover all aspects of digital television from transmission through interfacing, conditional access, and interactivity for digital video, audio, and data. DVB dominates the digital broadcasting environment with thousands of broadcast services around the world using DVB specifications. There are hundreds of manufacturers offering DVB-compliant equipment. To date, there are over 1 billion DVB receivers shipped worldwide.
Further information about DVB can be found at: www.dvb.org, www.dvbservices.com, and www.dvbworld.org.
DVB and DVB sub-brands are registered trademarks.
All trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
Link to Word Doc: www.202comms.com/DVB/200317DVB.docx
The television industry's top news stories, analysis and blogs of the day.