APRIL 9, 2020 (EXTON, PA) — SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo® will feature learnings from the coronavirus crisis during a special workshops track announced today. “Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Pandemic” will examine new strategies for managing workforces and maintaining operational performance amid shifts in usage, as well how cable and new partners can foster cross-industry innovation to leverage new health and safety applications during public emergencies.
The special track will be part of the Fall Technical Forum workshops produced jointly by SCTE•ISBE, CableLabs® and NCTA for Cable-Tec Expo 2020, which will be held Oct. 13-16 in Denver. The due date for all Fall Technical Forum abstracts has been extended to Friday, May 8; abstracts can be submitted at expo.scte.org/callforpapers. Suggested topics for the new track include:
Track: Lessons Learned from COVID-19 Pandemic
- Critical components of a connected community for managing a public health crisis
- How NOCs and customer-facing teams can collaborate more effectively
- Maintaining a workforce’s focus on network performance during a crisis
- How home and business connectivity is a lifeline during a crisis
- Shifting capacity for an at-home population
- The importance of creating business continuity plans, before the crises
- Future pandemics with a 10G network
- Implications for telehealth and telemedicine
- Smart Cities and future global health pandemics
- IoT for patient tracking and patient management
- IoT for capacity and asset tracking in hospitals
- Connectivity and limiting disease transmission points
- Supporting an aging population with connected devices
“Cable’s outstanding performance and its support for connected technology partners during the current crisis provides a solid foundation on which to build a playbook of strategies and procedures for response to future emergencies,”said Chris Bastian, senior vice president, engineering and CTIO of SCTE•ISBE. “’Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Pandemic’ will focus our attention on implications of changing usage behaviors, ideas for remote operational protocols, and the value of collaborative partnerships that will result in new applications – all of which can lead to safer, more connected communities.”
The largest telecommunications and technology tradeshow in the Americas, SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo is known across the industry and beyond as the preeminent venue for thought leadership, engineering innovation, and deal-making within the broadband telecommunications sector. No other industry event brings together content and service providers, technology partners, industry experts and innovators at every level to learn, network, and shape the future of connectivity. In 2020, Cable-Tec Expo runs from October 13 to 16 at the Colorado Convention Center. More information at expo.scte.org.
The smarter way to stay on top of broadcasting and cable industry. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Broadcasting & Cable. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.