Skinny bundles, Title II and 5G were nowhere to be found.
The most widely read story on MCN in 2017 was Hearst stations going dark on DirectTV, followed by the House vote to scrap privacy rules and Crown Media’s decision to launch a new linear channel.
Here’s a closer look at the most engaging stories on the list:
1. Hearst Stations Dark on DirecTV
2. House Votes to Repeal FCC Privacy Rules
3. TCA17: Crown Media to Launch Hallmark Drama Cable Network
4. Comcast Starts to Deploy 4K/HDR X1 Box
5. What A&E Wants You to Know About ‘Live PD’
6. Charter Targets Cord-Cutters With ‘Spectrum TV Stream’
7. Comcast Won't Authenticate Subs for New Starz App
8. Hallmark Drama Channel Launches Into Headwinds for Linear Networks
9. Comcast Opens Access to Fire TV, Fire TV Stick
10. Verizon Dropping Its Email Business
Weekly digest of streaming and OTT industry news
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.