B&C is now accepting nominations for the local TV General Manager of the Year in three different categories:
GM of the Year: Markets 1-25
GM of the Year: Markets 26-50
GM of the Year: Markets 51+
The annual General Manager of the Year honors salute local station executives who have provided exemplary innovation, fearless leadership and flawless execution through this fascinating–and challenging–time in the television industry.
2013 Multiplatform Broadcaster of the Year
With newer challenges to face in mobile TV, the digital spectrum and the strong impetus to grow a station’s brand on Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms, B&C will also honor the one station or executive that has led the charge into the brave new world of providing compelling content wherever, whenever and however consumers want it.
2013 News Director of the Year
Local news consumers want their news right away, whether they’re watching television, scanning the web at work, or staring at their smartphone. The challenge for station news directors has never been greater, with so many outlets competing for users’ attention. Who has best tapped social media to extend the station’s news reach, while also delivering compelling and vital information in traditional newscasts? B&C will highlight one local TV news exec who is coming up with innovative ways to serve viewers–and the bottom line.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: FRIDAY, NOV. 22, 2013 AT NOON ET
TO NOMINATE: Please e-mail B&C at BNCLETTERS@NBMEDIA.COM and let us know what has made your candidate stand out from the crowd in your market and across the country in 2013.
Be sure to indicate your nominee’s category, along with daytime contact info. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Please note:B&C does not confirm receipt of nominations nor do we discuss the nomination process.
- KING Seattle's Ray Heacox (GM of the Year, Markets 1-25)
- WTVF Nashville's Debbie Turner (GM, Markets 26-50)
- WHO Des Moines' Dale Woods (GM, Markets 51-plus)
- Univision Communications(Multiplatform Broadcaster of the Year)
- KUSA Denver's Patti Dennis (News Director of the Year)
- WJBK Detroit's Jeff Murri (GM of the Year, Markets 1-25)
- WTHR Indianapolis' John Cardenas (GM, Markets 26-50)
- WITN Greenville-New Bern-Washington, NC Chris Mossman (GM, Markets 51-plus)
- Scripps' Chief Digital Officer Adam Symson (Multiplatform Broadcaster of the Year)
- WCVB Boston Hearst Television's Andrew Vrees (News Director of the Year)
- WFSB Hartford's Klarn DePalma (GM, Markets 26-50)
- KETV Omaha's Sarah Smith (GM, Markets 51-plus)
- WCBS New York/CBS Television Stations' David Friend (News Director of the Year)
- Peter Dunn (Markets 1-25)
- Tom Griesdorn (Markets 26-50)
- Ted Fortenberry (51-plus)
- Weigel Broadcasting (Multiplatform Broadcaster of the Year)
- Susan McEldoon (Markets 1-25)
- Lisa Howfield (Markets 26-50)
- Maelia Macin (Spanish-language broadcasting)
The television industry's top news stories, analysis and blogs of the day.
Thank you for signing up to Broadcasting & Cable. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.