C-SPAN will be blanketing cable and the internet this week with a plethora of debates in advance of the midterm elections.
C-SPAN's suite of public affairs channels and streams is funded by the cable industry as a public service.
For those looking to tune in to their local race, or one of interest elsewhere, here is the lineup, according to C-SPAN:
Wednesday, October 12
- Maryland Gubernatorial Debate — C-SPAN, 8:30 p.m. ET
Thursday, October 13
- Wisconsin Senate Debate (Live) — C-SPAN, C-SPAN Radio, C-SPAN.org and C-SPAN Now app, 7 p.m. ET
Friday, October 14
- Wisconsin Gubernatorial Debate (Live) — C-SPAN, C-SPAN Radio, C-SPAN.org and C-SPAN Now app, 8 p.m. ET
- Vermont Senate Debate (archived from Oct. 6) — C-SPAN, 9 p.m. ET.
- Colorado Governor Debate (from last Thursday) — C-SPAN, 10 p.m. ET
Saturday, October 15
C-SPAN will air all of the above in a block, plus some other debates from earlier in the week, including the New Jersey 7th Congressional District, Minnesota 2nd Congressional District and Colorado 3rd Congressional District.
Sunday, October 16
- Georgia 14th District (Live) — C-SPAN, 3:45 p.m. ET
- Indiana Senate Debate (Live) — C-SPAN, 7 p.m. ET ■
Contributing editor John Eggerton has been an editor and/or writer on media regulation, legislation and policy for over four decades, including covering the FCC, FTC, Congress, the major media trade associations, and the federal courts. In addition to Multichannel News and Broadcasting + Cable, his work has appeared in Radio World, TV Technology, TV Fax, This Week in Consumer Electronics, Variety and the Encyclopedia Britannica.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.