Bud Light’s commercial featuring the Bud Light Knight got the most attention from viewers during the Super Bowl Sunday night, according to rankings from research company TVision Insights.
NBC charged more than $5 million on average for the 30-second spots, so it is important to marketers that their messages register with viewers while they are grabbing food or talking to friends during commercial breaks during the big game. Of course, there are many viewers watching the Super Bowl at least in part to see the commercials.
RELATED: NBC Says Super Bowl Commercials Sold Out
TVision Inights says the Bud Light ad scored an index of 130.8, which means the spot captured 30.8% better attention than the average ad.
RELATED: TiVo to Let Users Skip the Game, Watch the Commercials
The rest of TVision Insights’ top 10 Super Bowl commercials are
2. E*Trade - This is Getting Old - 123.
3. Mountain Dew/Doritos - Doritos Blaze vs Mountain Dew Ice - 116.9
4. BlacTure - Be Celebrated - 116.3
5. Mission: Impossible - Fallout - Mission: Impossible - Fallout - 114.2
6. Avocados from Mexico - #GuacWorld - 113.7
7. NFL - Touchdown Celebration - 112.4
8. M&Ms - Human - 112.1
9. Tide - It's a Tide Ad - 111.1
10. Netflix: The Cloverfield Paradox - The Cloverfield Paradox - 110.9
Watch the Bud Light spot below:
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Jon has been business editor of Broadcasting+Cable since 2010. He focuses on revenue-generating activities, including advertising and distribution, as well as executive intrigue and merger and acquisition activity. Just about any story is fair game, if a dollar sign can make its way into the article. Before B+C, Jon covered the industry for TVWeek, Cable World, Electronic Media, Advertising Age and The New York Post. A native New Yorker, Jon is hiding in plain sight in the suburbs of Chicago.