Two Held in Bombing at Luxor in Vegas
Two people were being held in connection with Monday morning’s deadly bombing at the Luxor Resort Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, AP reported.
One man was questioned as a "person of interest" after being detained on false-identification charges, and his home was searched for clues in the bombing that killed an immigrant worker at a hot-dog stand Monday, when the homemade bomb that had been left on his car at the Luxor parking garage went off after he picked it up, police told AP.
A second person also was taken into custody, but police released no further information, according to AP. The identity of the man who was detained was not made public after he was taken into custody Thursday evening.
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Lt. Lewis Roberts told AP police were still trying to determine a motive for the explosion that mortally wounded 24-year-old Willebaldo Dorantes Antonio, who died at a hospital about two hours after the explosion of a head injury. A woman who was with Dorantes Antonio escaped injury.
Police have said Dorantes Antonio was the intended target, and the bombing was not a terrorist act or a mob hit, AP reported. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said the motion-activated bomb blew up with the force of a stick of dynamite.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.