T-Mobile Friday outlined the steps it was taking to help meet the coronavirus challenge and beat the pandemic.
The company said it would continue to monitor the impact on communities closely and is doing the following to keep customers connected, employees safe (and healthy), and provide connectivity to those who need it.
1. "Giving ALL [emphasis T-Mobile's] current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have plans with data unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming)
2. "Providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot/tethering service for the next 60 days (coming soon!)'
3. "Working with our Lifeline [FCC broadband subsidy] partners to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB of data per month over the next two months.
4. "Increasing the data allowance for free to schools and students using our EmpowerED digital learning programs to ensure each participant has access to at least 20GB of data per month for the next 60 days.
Offering free international calling for ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers to Level 3 impacted countries, and
5. "Supporting the FCC’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge focused on ensuring residential and small business customers with financial impacts do not lose service."
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.