The Federal Communications Commission probably shouldn't wait too long to issue that broadband plan on how to spur broadband deployment and adoption.
According to predictions by Pike & Fischer, high-speed Internet sign-ups are expected to decline by 10% in 2010 over this year's total.
According to a new market research report, cable is expected to add 2.1 million new broadband subs, and phone companies 1.7 million.
The total number of broadband homes is predicted to top 77 million, or about 65%. That still leaves 35% without what the FCC sees as a lifeline to the digital future.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.