Women in Cable and Telecommunications Monday announced the members of the 11th class of its Betsy Magness Leadership Institute, its flagship executive-leadership program.
The Magness Institute provides its participants with intensive, yearlong training to prepare senior-level women to take on significant leadership responsibilities.
Over 250 women have taken part in the program, intended to increase the number of female executives within cable’s ranks, WICT said.
“Women in Cable & Telecommunications believes that the most effective way to serve as an advocate for women is to increase the number of women with decision-making power,” said WICT CEO Benita Fitzgerald Mosley in a prepared statement. “The Betsy Magness Leadership Institute provides women with the tools they need to serve as leaders in our industry.”
This year’s Magness fellows are:
• Angela Addison Gray, regional vice president of human resources, Comcast;
• Maria Arias, vice president, law and government affairs, Adelphia
• Katina Arnold, director, corporate communications, ESPN;
• Heather Baldino, VP, network marketing and operations, Turner Network Sales;
• Teresa Blevins, vice president of finance and ad pperations, The Weather Channel Interactive;
• Jane Bowman, senior director, marketing, Northeast division, Comcast Spotlight;
• Lisa Brodeth-Carrick, regional vice president, learning and development, Comcast Corp.;
• Dawn Callahan, senior director, marketing, Time Warner Cable;
• Amy Feldman, vice president, Home Box Office program scheduling and administration;
• Christine Godleski, vice president and general manager, ESPN Outdoors;
• Ann Hart, vice president, affiliate sales, The Weather Channel;
• Beth Higbee, vice president, new media, Food Network;
• Kierra Hynninen, senior vice president, marketing, National Geographic Channel;
• Lauren LoFrisco, vice president of marketing, Time Warner Cable;
• Lori McFarling, senior vice president, distribution and marketing, Discovery Communications Inc.
• Denise McGraw, senior director of customer service and training, Time Warner Cable;
• Cheryl Miller, director of sales, Starz Encore Group;
• Janice Moore, senior vice president, marketing, WE: Women’s Entertainment;
• Karen Painter, senior vice president, enterprise applications, Turner Broadcasting System Inc.;
• Joiava Philpott, corporate vice president, government affairs and franchise relations, Charter Communications Inc;
• Shirley Powell, senior vice president, Turner Broadcasting System Inc;
• Angie Simmons, senior vice president, TEN Net Operations, Turner Broadcasting System Inc.;
• Kerri St. John, vice president of organizational effectiveness, Comcast Cable;
• Tanya Van Court-Cayo, vice president and general manager, Broadband and Interactive TV, ESPN;
• Danielle Wade, vice president, sales and marketing, Bright House Networks;
• Connie Wharton, VP and GM, Cox Communications Inc.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.