WE: Women’s Entertainment will add six new series to its original-programming roster.
• Six-episode half-hour series Two Funny: Cotter & Louise will follow the lives of Kerri Louise and Tom Cotter, two comedians featured on NBC’s Last Comic Standing. It will debut in March.
• Eight-episode one-hour series John Edward Cross Country will mark the psychic medium’s return to television, also debuting in March.
• Skating’s Next Star, a six-episode one-hour series, looks at the world of professional skating. It is also set for a March debut.
• Clear your calendar in June: WE is inviting you to six Million-Dollar Weddings, which “captures the drama and decadence of wedding planning on a budget -- of over $1 million.”
• 13-episode Rebel Gucci, debuting in October, will follow Gemma Gucci, heir to the Gucci fashion empire, “as she begins the journey toward her designer destiny.”
• And in March 2007, Ellin LaVar’s full-service salon in Manhattan will be the site for six episodes of Hair Trauma!.
“When I joined WE almost one year ago, one of my top objectives was to ramp up our original offerings,” executive vice president and general manager Kim Martin said in a prepared statement. “I am proud to say that original programming has increased 30% over the past year. With the addition of these six new series, we continue to offer our viewers shows that are intriguing, easily relatable and entertaining to watch.”
Weekly digest of streaming and OTT industry news
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.