TVKO and In Demand have reached a rate-card agreement for former welterweight champion Oscar De La Hoya's next two pay-per-view fights, the first of which is next month.
The marketing-based rate card covers De La Hoya's June 17 bout against "Sugar" Shane Mosley, as well as a September bout against a yet-to-be-determined opponent, representatives from both parties said.
"It's a very significant deal for the industry and it shows the commitment that TVKO, Oscar De La Hoya and Top Rank [the fighter's promotion company] have to the PPV industry," TVKO senior vice president of programming Mark Taffet said.
"Within the last few years, Oscar De La Hoya has been the top PPV-boxing attraction, and we're pleased to have him signed for at least two more In Demand PPV mega-events," In Demand vice president of programming, development and event acquisition Dan York said.
The deals are based on operator performance, as well as the level of marketing operators are willing to contribute to the fights. In regards to the De La Hoya-Mosley fight, operators can receive a 50 percent split if they generate buy-rates 45 percent above last year's De La Hoya-Ike Quartey bout, which generated about 525,000 buys nationally.
Operators earning a 45 percent split have to run 450 spots and participate in at least four TVKO marketing tactics, Taffet said. Operators that choose not to aggressively market the fight will receive 35 percent of revenue, he added.
Rate-card guidelines for the second fight will be based on De La Hoya's opponent.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.