Got an idea for a technical workshop at the Argentine Cable TV Association’s Jornadas 2004 conference? The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers wants to know about it.
The SCTE said Friday that it is seeking proposals for workshops on “Service Ready Cable Networks,” with a Sept. 8 deadline.
The group added that proposals covering any topic will be considered, but they should address current deployable technologies related to the following technologies and issues:
• Traditional hybrid fiber-coaxial vs. fully Internet-protocol network: Which is the best solution for a new player?;
• The role of the all-digital cable network;
• The evolution toward voice/video/data convergence;
• OpenCable standard and the future of digital TV;
• Next-generation voice (overlay networks, CBR cable telephony, PacketCable voice over IP, PacketCable multimedia and session-initiation protocol VoIP);
• Packet-aware optical networking and its role in next-generation cable;
• The intelligent broadband edge;
• Launching next-generation commercial services (IP virtual-private networks, managed services);
• Building high-availability HFC networks;
• Availability formulas, prediction, modeling and control;
• Deploying primary-line voice with PacketCable VoIP;
• Preventive maintenance A-Z (mechanical inspections, forward and reverse sweep, standby power supplies, leakage detection and repair, ingress control);
• Customer service: improving the end-user experience;
• Voice services: to partner or do it yourself; and
• Monitoring audio and video, voice, data, radio frequency and optics on modern HFC networks.
Proposals should be targeted to midlevel technical personnel, and completed proposals should be e-mailed to Glenda Calcaterra at email@example.com. Calcaterra is also the contact for more information about paper submissions, at 610-524-1725, extension 234, or via the e-mail address mentioned previously.
Jornadas 2004 will be held Nov. 8-10 at the Sheraton Hotel Retiro in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.