The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers Wednesday announced a five-year joint agreement with NCTI.
The SCTE said its goal is to raise the perceived value of its certification programs in the industry, as well as to provide a clearer route for certification preparation.
Littleton, Colo.-based NCTI provides work-force-performance products, service and education to the cable and broadband industries.
Under terms of the agreement, the SCTE becomes an official certification partner of NCTI, while NCTI becomes an official training partner of the SCTE. Working together, the two organizations will identify and assist high-potential SCTE-certification candidates among the industry’s work-force.
The SCTE also announced its board of directors for the 2004-05 term:
• Chair: Wayne Hall (region 11 director), Comcast Cable Communications Inc.
• Eastern vice chair: Eugene M. White (region 9 director), Bright House Networks.
• Western vice chair: Terry Cordova (director-at-large), Cequel III.
• Secretary: Vicki Marts (region 5 director), Cox Communications Inc.
• Treasurer: Sally L. Kinsman (director-at-large), Aurora Networks.
• Additional executive-committee member: Yvette Gordon-Kanouff (director-at-large), SeaChange International Inc.
• Region 1 director: Tom Maguire, CommScope Inc.
• Region 2 director: Herb Dougall III, Cox.
• Region 3 director: Keith Grunberg, Charter Communications Inc.
• Region 4 director: Mark A. Clark, Comcast Cable.
• Region 6 director: William Davis, Communications Supply Group Inc.
• Region 7 director: Marc Broadnax, Comcast Cable.
• Region 8 director: Allen D. Bryant, Cox.
• Region 10 director: Steven C. Johnson, Time Warner Cable.
• Region 12 director: Bob Foote, Arris Group Inc.
• Director-at-large: Walt Ciciora, Technology Consultants.
• Director-at-large, Canada: Dermot J.A. O’Carroll, Rogers Cable Inc.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.