The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers announced its 2005-06 officers Tuesday.
• Chair: Yvette Gordon-Kanouff, SeaChange International Inc., director-at-large;
•Western vice chair: Vicki Marts, Cox Communications Inc., region 5 director;
• Eastern vice chair: Bob Foote, Arris Group Inc./Telewire Supply, region 12 director;
•Secretary: Tom Maguire, CommScope Inc., region 1 director;
•Treasurer: Bob Macioch, Time Warner Cable, Southwest division, region 4 director; and
•Additional executive-committee member:Steven C. Johnson, Time Warner Cable, region 10 director.
Other members of the 2005-06 SCTE board of directors:
• Region 2: Frank Eichenlaub, Scientific-Atlanta Inc.;
• Region 3: Keith Grunberg, Charter Communications Inc.;
• Region 6: Dan Murphy, Charter;
• Region 7: Marc Broadnax, Comcast Cable Communications Inc.;
• Region 8: Allen D. Bryant, Cox;
• Region 9: Eugene M. White, Bright House Networks;
• Region 11: Wayne Hall, Comcast Cable; and
• Directors-at-large: Walt Ciciora, Technology Consultants; Sally L. Kinsman, Aurora Networks Inc.; Thomas J. Gorman, Charter; and Dermot J.A. O’Carroll, Rogers Cable Inc. (Canada).
Gordon-Kanouff is the first female chair in the SCTE’s history.
The SCTE board also voted to establish an SCTE Foundation to “assist in innovation and education within cable and telecommunications engineering; to help further research and information of cable and telecommunications technology; and to help maintain a history and awareness of cable and telecommunications evolution,” the trade group said in a prepared statement.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.