Fox, the media giant that will emerge from the ashes of 21st Century Fox after its $71.3 billion asset sale to The Walt Disney Co. is completed, unveiled several key appointments to posts across its sports, distribution and advertising businesses, all reporting to “New Fox” chairman and CEO Lachlan Murdoch.
Those appointments include:
- Eric Shanks, formerly president, chief operating officer and executive producer of Fox Sports, has been promoted to chief executive officer of Fox Sports;
- Mike Biard, former president of distributor for Fox Networks Group is now president, operations and distribution for FOX;
- Paul Cheesbrough, formerly chief technology officer of 21st Century Fox, will become chief technology officer and head of direct to consumer platforms for FOX;
- Marianne Gambelli, Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network president of ad sales, will become president of ad sales for Fox;
- Steve Tomsic, currently EVP finance and deputy CFO at 21st CEntury Fox, will become CFO at New Fox.
The appointments are effective upon the close of 21CF’s Disney transaction and the creation of Fox.
“We are fortunate to be able to continue working with these enormously talented executives who have helped make our businesses the incredible successes they are today,” Lachlan Murdoch said in a statement. “Collectively they bring to Fox the vision, entrepreneurial spirit and proven track records to position FOX to seize future opportunities for its leading and deeply resonant brands across sports, news and entertainment.”
As previously announced, John Nallen will be appointed COO of Fox, Suzanne Scott will continue to serve as CEO of Fox News and Fox Business Network, and Jack Abernethy will remain CEO of Fox Television Stations. In addition, Viet Dinh was recently named the chief legal and policy officer of Fox.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.