The National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications released the list of speakers for its NAMIC Creative Summit, April 15 and 16 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
The sessions and confirmed speakers:
Thursday, April 15:
• General Session -- Creative Input: Diversity Makes a Difference: Vic Bulluck, executive director, NAACP Hollywood Bureau; Jeff Valdez, chairman, Sí TV; Mitsy Wilson, senior vice president of diversity development, Fox Entertainment Group; Lee Gaither, senior VP of programming, TV One; Carmen Smith, VP, talent-development program, ABC Entertainment Television Group; Kiko Washington, senior VP, worldwide human resources, Warner Bros. Entertainment; and moderator Luke Visconti, partner/cofounder, DiversityInc.
• Independents' Day: The New Era in Alternative Productions: Jeff Clanagan, president, Urban Works; Michael Justiz, independent producer, Comcast Corp., Miami; Valerie Meraz, manager, film acquisition, Showtime Networks Inc.; and moderator George Alexander, writer, author of Why We Make Movies.
• Animated Discussions: The Power of Children’s Programming: Adam Bonnett, VP, original series, Disney Channel; Margie Cohen, senior VP, production and development, Nickelodeon; Midge Pierce, VP of programming, WAM!, America’s Kidz Network; Roland Poindexter, senior VP, animation, Warner Bros.; and moderator Steve Marmel, producer, Fairly OddParents, Nick.
• Luncheon/Panel Discussion -- The Producers: Eunetta Boone, creator/executive producer, One on One; Yvette Lee Bowser, creator/executive producer, Half & Half; Vince Chung, writer/producer; Bonnie Landrum, writer/producer; Moctesuma Esparza, Esparza/Katz; and moderator Patrick Stinson, anchor, E! News Live, E! Entertainment Television.
• The Word Is Out: Building the Brand with Marketing and PR: Rhoda Lawrence, VP, sales and marketing, Universal Music Group; Michael Smith, VP, on-air strategy and creative services, Food Network; Zoa Martinez, president and founder, ZONA Design Inc.; Kenny Gravillis, creative director, Gravillis Inc.; James Anderson, senior VP, publicity and public relations, Carsey-Werner-Mandabach; and moderator Elaine Brown, VP, special markets, Home Box Office.
• Secrets of Agents, Managers and Attorneys: Miguel Melendez, manager, Overbrook Entertainment; Darrell Miller, managing partner, Miller & Pliakas; Bob L. Johnson, principal, Luna Ray Films; Charles King, agent, William Morris Agency; Brian Dobbins, Principato-Young; and moderator Shelley Sumpter, VP, talent, Nick and Nick Records.
Friday, April 16:
• The Suits: Executives Explained: Tony DiSanto, senior VP of production, MTV Networks; Kelly Goode, senior VP, programming, Lifetime Television; Rose Catherine Pinkney, senior VP, comedy development, Paramount Television; Daniel Lin, VP, productions, Warner Bros.; and Eric Kim, director of programming, UPN.
• The Content Connection: Ron Belk, president, MediArchway; Leonard Washington, president, Paramount Digital; Neal Scarbrough, VP/editor in chief, ESPN.com (msn.espn.go.com); Kevin Corcoran, CEO, Anime Network; and moderator Clayton Banks, president, Ember Media.
• Ready for Their Close-Ups: Talent and the Changing Faces of Hollywood: Roger Guenvere Smith, writer/actor; Robi Reed, president, Robi Reed & Associates; Hill Harper, actor/producer; James Curtis, anchor, Court TV; and moderator Alisha Davis, anchor, E!.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.