The editors of Multichannel News named this year’s class of Wonder Women, marking the 11th time the award will be bestowed since its creation in 1999.
The class of 2009 represents some of the most accomplished and influential women in the cable and telecommunications universe. These are women whose commitment, innovation and vision have fostered the growth and success of their respective companies while leaving an indelible mark on the industry overall.
This year’s honorees will be profiled in a special report in the Jan. 26, 2009 issue of Multichannel News, as well as online at multichannel.com.
The 2009 class will also be lauded at a March 10, 2009 luncheon at the Hilton New York, co-hosted by the Women in Cable Telecommunications.
“For the last 11 years, the editors of Multichannel News have selected dynamic and distinguished women of excellence,” said Larry Dunn, publisher of Multichannel News and Broadcasting & Cable. “I congratulate and look forward to honoring the 2009 Class of Multichannel News Wonder Women.”
The 2009 Wonder Women are:
- Peggy Ballard, senior director, worldwide service provider marketing, Cisco Systems.
- Alina Falcon, executive vice president and operating manager, Univision.
- Jennifer Gaiski, senior vice president, content acquisition, Comcast.
- Joan Gillman, executive vice president and president of media sales, Time Warner Cable.
- Kate Juergens, executive vice president of original programming and development, ABC Family.
- Vicki Lins, chief marketing officer, Canoe Ventures.
- Gwen Marcus, executive vice president, general counsel, Showtime Networks.
- Patricia McCaskill, senior vice president of programming, Suddenlink Communications.
- Eileen O’Neill, president and general manager, TLC.
- Kathy Payne, vice president of programming, Cox Communications.
- Diane Robina, president, emerging networks, Comcast Programming Group.
Weekly digest of streaming and OTT industry news
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.