The annual International Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam, Netherlands, last week had no shortage of companies showing off their latest IPTV wares.
• Payment-solutions provider Entriq unveiled its new IPTV service, and it announced German telco SevenSenses as the system’s first customer. Entriq will provide an application that allows SevenSense’s maxdome IPTV-service customers to access the same content offered on Thomson Consumer Electronics set-tops, as well as the provider’s sister Internet service, 1&1 Internet.
• IPTV-delivery-system provider BitBand landed a contract with Israeli satellite broadcast operator yes to deploy an IPTV on-demand service there. The deployment will use a hybrid network combining traditional satellite MPEG-2 video feeds and an IP feed, both funneled into a set-top box. To support that service, BitBand is supplying its Maestro content-distribution and management suite and its Vision servers.
• Softier launched its second-generation IP set-top box. The Wave-400 sports a Linux-based operating system and Texas Instruments’ DaVinci single-chip design (see below). It is able to support MPEG-4/H.264 video, video-on-demand, digital-video recording and gaming services.
• Concurrent Computer announced that Danish interactive-applications provider Nordija will use its MediaHawk 4000 video server as part of its IPTV middleware platform. Nordija’s middleware offers a TV portal that allows users to select channels and access on-demand, networked DVR and personal channel applications.
• Accedo Broadband announced that its TV-centric applications are now available on set-top boxes supported by development partner IntAct Software’s platform. The Accedo Applications Portfolio offers a raft of value-added services including games, karaoke on-demand, weather, puzzles, horoscope, comics, quizzes and PlasmaArt graphics for IPTV. The integration opens the door for Accedo’s applications to reach IntAct’s deployment base of more than 700,000 IP set-top boxes among several box vendors.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.