The Cable Center announced seven new Hall of Fame inductees Wednesday.
• Jack Crosby, one of the founders of eight major MSOs and currently founder and chairman of The Rust Group, a private-investment partnership;
• John W. Goddard, former president and CEO of Viacom Cable and former chairman of the National Cable Television Association (now National Cable & Telecommunications Association);
• Robert L. Johnson, founder, chairman and CEO of Black Entertainment Television;
• Geraldine B. Laybourne, founder, chairman and CEO of Oxygen Media;
• Paul S. Maxwell, who founded or operated nearly 40 publications, including Cablevision and Multichannel News, and who is currently CEO of Media Business Corp.;
• Trygve E. Myhren, former chairman and CEO of American Television and Communication Corp., former president of Providence Journal Co. and past NCTA chairman; and
• June Travis, former NCTA vice president and chief operating officer and former president and CEO of Rifkin & Associates Inc.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.