Liberty Media gets:
- 486 million News Corp. shares, increasing stake to 18 percent.
- 5.76 percent of Sky Global Networks Inc.
News Corp. gets:
- 21 percent of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. stock.
- $500 million in cash from Liberty.
- Liberty's share of satellite assets such as Sky Latin America.
Gemstar-TV Guide gets:
- Access to News Corp. satellite properties with 9.6 million subscribers worldwide.
- Possible access to another 10 million DirecTV Inc. subscribers, if News Corp. acquires the DBS provider.
Sources: Company reports.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.