The new organizational structure for the combined Walt Disney Co. and ESPN Networks affiliate-sales and marketing group was revealed last Monday.
The changes — which go into effect Oct. 1 — were announced by Disney and ESPN Networks Affiliate Sales and Marketing president Sean Bratches and executive vice president Ben Pyne.
Nine operating areas will manage various aspects of the organization, and several key executives have been promoted. The areas and respective players:
- Affiliate advertising sales — Jeff Siegel was promoted to senior vice president of affiliate advertising sales from vice president.
- Affiliate marketing — Nathalie Lubensky was upped to senior vice president of affiliate marketing from vice president of affiliate marketing.
- Affiliate operations and syndication sales: Lori LeBas was promoted to senior vice president of affiliate operations and syndication sales from vice president.
- Disney ABC Cable Networks Group interactive-product development and sales strategy: Albert Cheng was upped to senior vice president of sales strategy and business development from vice president of national accounts and distribution strategy.
- ESPN interactive-product development: Matt Murphy was elevated to senior vice president of ESPN interactive-product development from vice president.
- Field sales: James Brown was elevated to senior vice president of field sales, from senior vice president of affiliate sales and marketing.
- National accounts: David Preschlack was promoted to senior vice president of national accounts from vice president.
- Walt Disney Internet Group business development: Eric Aledort was named senior vice president of business development for Walt Disney Internet Group. He had been senior vice president at WDIG.
Disney-ABC Television Group also promoted two communications executives.
New senior vice president of corporate communications Sue Binford will oversee all corporate communications for the Disney-ABC Television Group and continue to oversee communications efforts for ABC News, ABC Sports, all ABC corporate initiatives, ABC’s owned stations and the ABC Radio division. She had been senior vice president of communications for the ABC Television Network and the ABC Broadcast Group.
Senior vice president of entertainment communications Kevin Brockman will oversee all entertainment communications for the group, as well as for Walt Disney Television Animation and continue communications efforts for other units, including ABC Kids.
Both report to Disney senior vice president of communications Zenia Mucha.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.