Comcast reported strong earnings Thursday, turning in its best third-quarter subscriber numbers in seven years.
Here are the company's highlights. More to come after today's earnings call.
Consolidated revenue Increased 4%, while operating cash flow and operating income Increased 7% and 9.7%, respectively.
* Free cash flow increased 26.7% to $2.5 billion;
* Earnings per share increased 52.3% to $0.99;
* Excluding income tax adjustments and transaction-related costs, earnings per share increased 12.3% to $0.73; and
* Quarterly dividends and quarterly share repurchases Increased 31.6% to $1.3 billion.
Cable Communications Q3 2014 Highlights:
* Cable Communications revenue Increased 5.2% and operating cash flow advanced 5.1%;
* Cable Communications customer relationships Increased by 82,000 to 26.9 million;
* Video customer net losses declined to 81,000, marking the best third-quarter result in seven years;
* High-speed Internet customers increased by 315,000 as revenue grew 9.6%; and
* Business services revenue Increased 21%, achieving a $4 billion annualized run-rate
NBCUniversal Q3 2014 Highlights:
* NBCUniversal revenue Increased 1.2% and operating cash flow increased 13.3%;
* Operating cash flow margins expanded to 23.9% from 21.4% in the prior-year period; and
* Broadcast revenue Increased 7.7% and operating cash flow grew over $100 million.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.