CIC Names Advisory Board
Cable in the Classroom Thursday announced the members of its National Education Advisory Board.
CIC said the NEAB will serve as advisors on a regular basis on issues key to the cable industry’s work in education.
The NEAB’s members are:
• Dale Allender, associate executive director, National Council of Teachers of English;
• Sandra Calvert, director, Children’s Digital Media Center, Georgetown University;
• Tom Carroll, president, National Commission on Teaching and America’s Future;
• Milton Chen, executive director, The George Lucas Education Foundation;
• Sue Collins, principal, CollinsConsults;
• Ann Lee Flynn, director of education technology, National School Boards Association;
• Mila Fuller, director of strategic initiatives, International Society for Technology in Education;
• Tracy Gray, principal research analyst, American Institutes for Research;
• Betty Hale, president, Institute for Educational Leadership;
• Sharnell Jackson, chief e-learning officer, office of technology service, Chicago Public Schools;
• Henry Jenkins, director, program in comparative media studies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology;
• McLean King, superintendent, Encinitas Union School District;
• Tim Magner, deputy executive director, education technology and information, Council of Chief State School Officers;
• Bob Moore, executive director, information technology, Blue Valley School District;
• Lan Neugent, assistant superintendent for technology and human resources, Virginia Department of Education;
• Linda Polin, professor of education and technology, Pepperdine University;
• Susan Patrick, CEO, North American Council for Online Learning;
• Linda Roberts, consultant;
• Bill Rust, research director, Gartner Inc.;
• Steve Sanchez, consultant;
• Burck Smith, CEO, Smarthinking;
• Julie Walker, executive director, American Association of School Librarians;
• Anna Weselak, president, National PTA;
• Frank Withrow, president, A Better Learning Experience Co.; and
• Julie Young, executive director, Florida Virtual School.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.