Cable in the Classroom Thursday announced the members of its National Education Advisory Board.
CIC said the NEAB will serve as advisors on a regular basis on issues key to the cable industry’s work in education.
The NEAB’s members are:
• Dale Allender, associate executive director, National Council of Teachers of English;
• Sandra Calvert, director, Children’s Digital Media Center, Georgetown University;
• Tom Carroll, president, National Commission on Teaching and America’s Future;
• Milton Chen, executive director, The George Lucas Education Foundation;
• Sue Collins, principal, CollinsConsults;
• Ann Lee Flynn, director of education technology, National School Boards Association;
• Mila Fuller, director of strategic initiatives, International Society for Technology in Education;
• Tracy Gray, principal research analyst, American Institutes for Research;
• Betty Hale, president, Institute for Educational Leadership;
• Sharnell Jackson, chief e-learning officer, office of technology service, Chicago Public Schools;
• Henry Jenkins, director, program in comparative media studies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology;
• McLean King, superintendent, Encinitas Union School District;
• Tim Magner, deputy executive director, education technology and information, Council of Chief State School Officers;
• Bob Moore, executive director, information technology, Blue Valley School District;
• Lan Neugent, assistant superintendent for technology and human resources, Virginia Department of Education;
• Linda Polin, professor of education and technology, Pepperdine University;
• Susan Patrick, CEO, North American Council for Online Learning;
• Linda Roberts, consultant;
• Bill Rust, research director, Gartner Inc.;
• Steve Sanchez, consultant;
• Burck Smith, CEO, Smarthinking;
• Julie Walker, executive director, American Association of School Librarians;
• Anna Weselak, president, National PTA;
• Frank Withrow, president, A Better Learning Experience Co.; and
• Julie Young, executive director, Florida Virtual School.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.