The Cable Center announced six industry leaders have been elected to The Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2013, to be inducted at an event during The NCTA’s Cable Show 2013 June 10-12, 2013, in Washington, D.C.
Next year's honorees are:
- John Egan, chairman of Evolution Digital and founder and former CEO of Arris Group;
- James Mooney, principal and managing partner of JLM Partners and former president and CEO of NCTA;
- Timothy Neher, partner with Pilot House Associates and former president and chief operating officer of Continental Cablevision;
- Richard Parsons, Providence Equity senior advisor and former chairman and CEO of Time Warner Inc.;
- Josh Sapan, president and CEO, AMC Networks; and
- Amy Tykeson, president and CEO, BendBroadband.
Each honoree was chosen based on his or her significant achievements and contributions to the cable industry, the Cable Center said. The 2013 Cable Hall of Fame selection committee was chaired by Jerry Kent, chairman and CEO of Suddenlink Communications and chairman of The Cable Center’s board.
“We are thrilled to honor these six cable visionaries,” Kent said in a statement. “The Cable Hall of Fame class of 2013 is a distinct group of industry veterans who have helped to shape and build cable into the thriving and innovative industry it is today.”
Since 1998, 96 men and women have been inducted into the Cable Hall of Fame. The 16th annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration will be held on Monday, June 10, 2013, at The Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C. More info on the event is available at www.cablehalloffame.com.
The Denver-based not-for-profit Cable Center is the home of the Cable Hall of Fame and of the Barco Library, which the organization claims is the world’s largest collection of cable-related information and resources.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.