There were no runaway winners at the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications’ 10th Annual Vision Awards ceremony, as 10 networks garnered accolades for their commitment to programming diversity.
NAMIC on April 16 also presented special honors to Disney Channel (North Star Award), California Cable & Telecommunications Association president and general counsel Spencer Kaitz (Quasar Award) and de Passe Entertainment chairman and CEO Suzanne de Passe (Legacy Award).
The winners were:
- Children’s: MTV Networks/Nickelodeon, The Brothers Garcia (Mysteries of the Maya).
- Comedic Performance: Comedy Central, Dave Chappelle, Chappelle’s Show.
- Comedy: Oxygen, Hey Monie.
- Documentary (tie): AMC, Hell Up in Hollywood: Soul Cinema and the 1970s; and Court TV, Al Roker Investigates: The Farmingville Incident.
- Dramatic Performance: Home Box Office, Antonio Banderas, And Starring Pancho Villa As Himself …
- Drama: Showtime, Jasper, Texas.
- News/Informational: ESPN, Outside the Lines.
- Foreign Language: Zee TV, Special Correspondent.
- Music/Variety: BET, Darryl “Chill” Mitchell, Turnstyle.
Weekly digest of streaming and OTT industry news
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.