Verizon Wireless’ new “V CAST” multimedia service added programming from several cable networks to its portfolio Tuesday.
By adding a $15 monthly access to their Verizon Wireless calling plans, customers can receive the “V CAST VPak,” enabling them to view video content.
Among networks providing programming to V CAST:
• Cable News Network’s wireless on-demand video-clip offering, “CNNtoGO Video,” will contribute a three-minute video newscast updated every hour, in addition to 30 video news clips updated throughout each day. In addition, short content will be offered from CNN NewsPass and CNN Now in the News (formerly CNN Quickcast) highlighting more than one-dozen categories, including top stories, politics, U.S., world, business, technology and entertainment.
• MTV Networks' VH1 and Comedy Central will provide “bite-sized programming short content” from series such as VH1's Best Week Ever and Comedy’s The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
• Fox Sports Interactive Media will provide video clips from FSN including fare from series such as Best Damn Sports Show Period, I, Max and Beyond the Glory; a daily national update from Fox Wire; and pregame and postgame coverage and interviews.
• E! Entertainment Television will provide short content video from its shows, including E! News, The Awful Truth, Fashion Police, Red Carpet Moments, Watch with Kristin, E! TV Highlights, Celebrity Bites and Wild On!.
• AccuWeather Inc.’s AccuWeather.com (wwwa.accuweather.com) will provide video clips featuring the latest local metro, regional and national weather information in a format created specifically for optimum viewing on mobile handsets.
Weekly digest of streaming and OTT industry news
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.